A strict regulation
Our testing laboratory has been approved by the Ministry of Transport since its creation for the performance of regulatory tests and for the issue of approvals for packaging intended for the transport of dangerous goods. From stacking tests to drop tests, the analyzed packagings must meet several criteria in order to be approved for the transport of dangerous goods according to ADR regulations. Once approved, the packaging must be used for the transport of the corresponding dangerous goods.
Expertise and Impartiality
An adapted equipment
to meet international requirements
Our laboratory has a wide range of equipment to test your packaging while meeting international requirements. The ADR standards require a series of specific tests according to the mean of transport or the dangerous goods contained. For this, we have a large collection of adapted equipment.
- Hot chambers + 40°C of 80 and 100 m3 for the realization of stacking tests on plastic packaging and IBCs. These chambers allow the acceleration of the chemical ageing of plastic packaging and IBCs with the use of reference liquids
- A cold room of 30 m3 which allows to precondition the plastic packaging and IBCs before carrying out the drop tests
- An air-conditioned room at 23° C and 50% humidity, of 67 m3. It allows to precondition the cardboard packaging before the tests
- A vibrating table supporting up to 2 tons and going up to 4 hertz. This tool allows you to perform a series of vibrations on your packages to test their resistance
- A crane that can drop from a height of up to 9m for a 200 kg package or 3m for a 2.5 ton package
A complete service
Our expertise also enables us to offer you a wide range of tests (regulatory, normative, or according to specifications) in the field of hollow bodies.
The construction of packagings, IBCs or large packagings must comply with the requirements of chapters 6.1, 6.3, 6.5 or 6.6 of the ADR and IMDG. We carry out after the test results have been obtained and the quality plan has been accepted, a "UN" approval certificate is issued. It is issued for a period of 5 years and must be periodically renewed.
We offer you customised tests, totally adapted to your needs and which perfectly meet your requirements. Together we will draw up a set of specifications to qualify your packaging according to your specific requirements.
Our laboratory is approved by the Ministry of Transport for the inspection of large bulk containers. For this purpose, we carry out the initial and periodic inspections on the industrial site. We are also involved in obtaining the authorisation for periodic inspection of IBCs from this same ministry.
Approving packaging is a cycle that, depending on certain characteristics, may not be clear and may seem long. BVT explains the approval cycle to make it easier for you to obtain approval.
The professions of
We test all types of packaging in order to certify them for the Transport of Dangerous Goods. Our expertise in testing allows us to maximize safety and limit any risk.